Thursday, August 8, 2013

Golden Retriever Centenary Celebrations...

Hi there friends,
This is a quick post....

I am posting this to alert my readers about a wonderfully written account of the recently held



This is a very worthy read for those of us who love golden retrievers and were wondering what all the fuss was about amongst our breeders.

Reading this article produced chills down my back as I, too, offered a quiet moment of tribute and respect to "Lord Tweedmouth" who started the breeding process all those years ago. Without his vision, I wouldn't have had the pleasure of the company of my own beautiful canine companions. Lexi's breeders -Wayne and Marycke Ackhurst - had the pleasure of being able to attend this grandiose event with other South African Golden friends. So, South Africa was also representative at the celebrations.
 What an awesome experience! You have to read about it!

(Photograph courtesy of Marycke Ackhurst)

If you want to read the full article, 

Perhaps someday, I may also have this privilege of visiting this historical place.
IF YOU LOVE AND FOLLOW GOLDEN RETRIEVERS, YOU MUST READ THIS!!!

Sending lotsaluv

7 comments:

WFT Nobby said...

What an interesting read. I am going to be quite honest here and admit that I never realised Golden Retrievers originated in Scotland. These days they are rather more common south of the border and so I had always assumed that they were an Enlish breed! Anyway, it looks like everyone had a great time at the centenary gathering.
Here's to the next hundred years.
Cheers, Gail.

sprinkles said...

Seeing that many Goldens in one place makes me smile!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I've had friends that have visited here at other times, but being there for this celebration is truly a once in a lifetime experience--I would have loved it too!!

Mrs. JP said...

Wow, that's a lot of Golden's gracing that meadow! beautiful.

How Sam Sees It said...

I've got two dream vacations - one is to attend this (preferably with one of my own pups) and the other is to go to Friesland. :D

Sam

The Life of Riley said...

Such fun! I'd already seen photos, but good to read the account mentioned in your link. I wish I could have been on the other side of the world with some of Riley and Enzo's relations!

KB said...

There are so many goldens in that photo that it made me laugh! A very interesting article - thank you.