Saturday, February 25, 2012

MAXDOG: PREVIOUSLY UNSEEN FOOTAGE

GREETINGS FROM SOUTH AFRICA!
MAXMOM here...

Dear friends,

I would like to say a big THANK YOU for all your uplifting comments received on my blog off yesterday's post.  I really appreciate your warm thoughts for Toby's recovery.  It's good news today;  He had an excellent sleep last night (so did I) and the surgical site looks much better this morning.  Hopefully he's turned the corner - and I am very grateful.  The dreaded 'cone' will be with him for sometime, however, so that he can recover fully.  Thank you again for your love and support!

Today, I thought I'd lift things up a little...

A couple of weeks ago, I was looking through all my old photos of Maxdog and unearthed something I'd totally forgotten about.  An "unexpected video" had found it's resting place amongst the many photographs of Max that I have in my files.  This particular video should have been in the video folder, but it wasn't and I thought that I'd lost it.  Indeed, I had totally forgotten about it.

Well, I can tell you, I was absolutely thrilled! To see and hear my Angel Maxdog again was pretty awesome.  I have put the material together and present it to you for your enjoyment

This is a video that my 'Maxdog' fans have NOT SEEN BEFORE!!!


Enjoy!




Finally, for those who may not know; I do have another blog - it's a less public place where I put up posts on sporadic occasions when I find something nice to write about.  My latest posts shares my recent visit to 'THE SMALLEST CHURCH IN THE WORLD'.  If you like, you can read it by clicking

Sending lotsaluv to all my friends around the world, 



18 comments:

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I found myself smiling through the whole video!! What fun!! THANKS for sharing your treasure of the video and MaxDog with all of us Caryl! I know how you felt to see it--This week I found a picture of my beloved Rudi that I'd forgotten about. It brought the sting of her loss to the surface again as I remember the treasure that is gone from me for now.

Nancy K. said...

How wonderful for you to be able to see his beautiful, smiling voice and hear his voice again! Thank you for sharing with us...

Mrs. JP said...

Wow, that was such a blessing to find that. Thanks for posting this treasure. Have a good weekend and give Toby a scratch behind the ears and hug from us.

How Sam Sees It said...

We love those hidden gems - this video made me smile! I'm surprised how deep his bark is - our boys don't sound anything like that!

Sam

My Dog Sam - Ruptured Disk said...

:) that was very nice. Where are the treats?

Molly the Airedale said...

What a wonderful video!
I bet you and My Maggie are talking up a storm at the Rainbow Bridge, angel Max!

Love ya lots,
Mitch

The Life of Riley said...

It is good to read that Toby is getting better.

How wonderful for you to find that video and share it with us. What did Toby do when he saw Maxdog talkng and moving on your computer screen? My boys always watch these sorts of things and animals (especially birds) on TV) asif they are trying to follow the action!

Dexter said...

Oh Max! How does anybody get their walks without you around to let mom know that it is time? Doesn't it just take FOREVER for the humans to get ready to go out?

Slobbers,
Mango

NanaNor's said...

Hi sweet friend, I loved hearing Max and also seeing him with Tammy. Oh what a beautiful pair they made; so glad Toby can enjoy her too. Loved seeing the inside of your home. I'm sure you probably had a few tears watching this but I thank you for sharing. Sending you lots of hugs.
Noreen & Reggie

Two French Bulldogs said...

love the video....paws crossed for Toby
Benny & Lily

KT and Easton said...

yes, you are right, I have not seen this MaxDog slice of life. How wonderful to see his spirit and leadership. His actions are just like Cosmo's, always urging us humans on to perform the task we are obliged to deliver. Living for the moment, it's the most important thing in the whole wide world. What would we do without them to remind us!!

rottrover said...

Maxdog was SO bossy!! Do Toby and Aunt Tam and the King even get walks without Maxdog there to remind you that it's time to GO!!!

So sweet. Thank you for sharing that with us :-)

Tweedles -- that's me said...

What a treasure to find this!
Thank you for sharing it with us.
love
tweedles

sprinkles said...

My dad's beagle is the same way! He gets so excited when he's about to go for a walk.

WFT Nobby said...

Great footage of Max. And I am so pleased to know that the wonderful Maxdog could get a tad impatient when being forced to wait for his walk. Gail seems to think that only naughty terriers do that...
Toodle pip!
Bertie.

Berts Blog said...

Boy I have tried all day yesterday to leave a comment on this post. it was getting very frustrating. So I have been online all day with our server and hopefully it will work this time.

Loved the video of Maxdog and loved your other other site with the smallest church in the world. We even tried to sign up as followers there but oh man.....we got mad at blogger.

so if you get this, then Yeah.....

WE missed out that poor Toby has been having a tough time and hope that he is doing better. Bert has not had to wear the cone yet, but I don't know if it is because he is so loopy he doesn't know he has stitches.

anyway.....here is hoping this long comment gets thru....

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Oh we loved the recently found footage of Max!!!!! His eyes are so wise....what a dear dear gentle boy!!

Lacie is sending Toby a large smoothie to um SIT ON...poor kid...my last fox terrier had an adverse neutering issue...not that severe, but not pleasant...poor kids...

XXOO

Miss Lacie Teacakes

Deborah said...

That was a very nice video! It made me smile!
xxoo
Deborah